When files and folders are added to the web portal, they automatically propagate down to your local machine; you can then find these files and folders inside your Synced Folder. In the same way, files and folders that are added to Synced Folder will automatically sync to the web portal and any other devices you have connected to your account. You can use the desktop client on both Windows and Mac machines.
To upload files in the desktop client on a Windows or Mac machine:
- On your computer (local machine), open Synced Folder in an explorer window. Synced Folder displays.
- Drag files or folders into Synced Folder. Alternatively, you can save files to Synced Folder directly from the application in which you are working (for example, Microsoft Word).
- Use the icons to understand when your files are syncing. For example:
- A blue icon on a file indicates that the file or folder is currently syncing.
- A green icon means that the file or folder has successfully synchronized, and is available in the web portal and on your mobile devices.