How Can We Help?
Share links to files can be created within the web portal, from the desktop client, or from a mobile device.
To send a share link to a file:
- In the web portal, right-click the file and select Share.Or, if you are working within the desktop client, right-click on the file, point to the SyncedTool menu, and select Share link.The Share Access dialog box displays.
- In the Share Access dialog box, configure settings for sharing the link, including:
- The Secure Share option, which requires each recipient to log in with his or her unique credentials.
- The Public Share option, which sends a publicly available share link to the file. If you create a public share link, you can also select the Allow anonymous users to edit files checkbox to allow users to edit the file online using the Collaborative Web Editor.
- The Share Options settings, which allow you to:
- Select whether the share link will expire after a certain date
- Set a limit for the total number of times the file can be downloaded
- Turn on email notifications for when the share is downloaded
- The Share With settings, which allow you to specify share recipients and set permissions for each of these users. This section is only required if you are sending a secure share link. Alternatively, for public share links, you can optionally copy the share link and send it to desired collaborators through third-party communication tools.
- The Permissions settings, which let you set Can Modify permissions, allowing the specified user to edit the file using the Collaborative Web Editor.
- Click the Share button save your changes. You will be redirected to a confirmation page.
- Click the Delete button to cancel your configurations and delete the share link.Note: If you reopen and edit the share link, you will see a Cancel button, which will close the dialog box, but will not delete the share link.